Friday, July 01, 2005

I don't want to hear "como estas" ever again

I did a lot of interesting things today. I went through a 3 hour interview process in Downtown LA. I had a really nice late lunch date with my brother at The Grove which included a short but really cool tour of the pop art gallery by the Farmer's Market. I spent a couple of more hours at The Grove with Darius window shopping. Got Mike lost in Studio City when I gave him incorrect directions to the Grove. I then realized that we would not have enough time to feed Darius and Mike and still go back to my house for me to change before the show, so Darius had a grand ol' time dressing me with sale items from the Gap. I put on clothes in the middle of the store. When I realized that there was a cute employee guy for Darius in the dressing room, I tried on the same dress three times so they could talk. I ended up buying the dress ($15! woo hoo for Darius' employee discount) and wearing to the Pantages for the musical WICKED. I watched Wicked and thoroughly enjoyed it with Darius and Mike.

Ooh and the day isn't over just yet. After the show at 11, Mike, Darius, and I decided it would be a good idea to go to Tigerheat for its 4th Birthday. We stayed for a total of 1 and a half hours; most of this time was spent saying how old we feel at the club because we're falling asleep in a sea of what seems to be 14 year olds.

Here's where the night gets rather interesting. We leave the club and walk Darius back to his car. We make a pit stop at 7/11 for candy and refreshments, and Mike throws in a complicated $3 scratcher. As we continue on to Darius' car, a man starts to follow us. When he starts to get to close to me, Mike starts talking about how much he liked it to randomly throw back kicks (this is a reference to Glinda, a character in Wicked) and proceeds to do so. I started to move the fuck away from the creepy man, but he just walked closer to me saying, "Como estas? Como estas?" Mike then puts his arm around me and yells at the creep. We run across the street to Darius' car and as we're just about to get in the psycho starts to run at us. Mike starts yelling to get in the car and lock the door. A second later the lunatic goes for Mike's door looking like he wants to beat him. Darius starts up the car and reverses so quickly that he hits some pole. When the man starts to approach the car again, so Darius throws it into drive and nearly hits the loser. We eventually get away from crazy man and assess Darius' car. It was fine thankfully.

All I have to say is: tonight was wonderful. Thank you Darius and Mike for a really good time at the theater and for protecting me. Mike, you went into beat down mode for me. That guy was lucky that you got your door locked. Darius, you used your car in a lethal manner for me, I cannot express my gratitude enough. I love you, Mike. I love you, Dari.

No comments: