Saturday, July 16, 2005

Dinner at Mike's apartment

Mike is too skinny. So I decided to make him dinner at his place Thursday night. I brought Mel along since I really can't cook and she can. We hit up Ralphs first to get the necessary items: some chicken drumsticks, ground beef, generic hamburger helper, and popsicles (all for 12 bucks!). We were making chicken adobo and beef stroganoff. It took us a while but we got through it and everything ended up tasting pretty good. Except for the rice. haha just kidding Mike.

The best part of the night was when we were working on the desserts. Not just because of the popsicles or the lychee or the bomb ass raspberry chocolate cake Daryl brought, but because of the always great conversation that seems to just happen around me. Melanie launched into a story which has a moral that is: Do Not Fuck with This Bitch. I can't put into writing what this woman has done to those who have hurt her; I think she might get shot over it. But I can say that Melanie deserves an Oscar and a standing ovation for the acts that she has pulled. Let's just say that she can fake a death in front of your eyes and make you believe it. I want to make clear that she has done this (twice) and got money out of it for a new phone.

I don't know how, but conversation then turned itself toward oregano and how much it looks like weed. Jason was explaining to the rest of us that when he was younger and living in Misery (Missouri) he found a bag of weed in some lawn on his way home one day. He being young and innocent picked up the bag, thought it was oregano (because weed apparently looks like oregano), and took it home to his mom.

Highlights:
Melanie: Well, the second time I pulled this shit, it was because he cheated on me. The first time was because he didn't answer his phone. I was really mad though.
Mike: (referring to Mel) I like you.

Daryl: Why would you pick up a bag of oregano and bring it to your mom? I mean it's just oregano, why did your mom need it?
Jason: I don't know I was young. She just took it away from me anyways. I never saw it again. She probably smoked it.
Melanie: I bet the guy who lost it is still like "Damn, I lost that bag of weed!"

No comments: