Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Peer Pressurer at its finest

After a small shin dig at Maryrose's, Melanie, Kathryn, and I decided to go boo searching at Venice Beach. If you do not know what a "boo search" is, allow me to inform you. It is an attempt to find a man that isn't an idiot or ugly and is hopefully kind of funny.

What started as a boo search, quickly turned into window shopping for jewelry, which transformed itself into Kathryn and I telling Melanie to get her tattoo. That's right, I used my powers of persuasion to get my friend to get her first tattoo. This is how it went down:

Me: Oh, you should meet the tattoo artist that I know. He's really good and really nice. And he's hooked everyone I know up. Plus there's jewelry at the store he works at.
(Time passes and we are now in House of Ink)
Me: Melanie, don't be a freakin' wussy. You should get it now.
Kathryn: Come on, Melanie. Look in his books. You'll find the cross you want.
Melanie: I don't know. I want the perfect cross from Romeo and Juliet the movie. You know the big one on the priest's back, but not that big.
Kathryn: Well, look at this.
Me: Look at this.
Shawn: Look at this.
Melanie: Ooh, look at these wings.
Me: Yeah, get that.
Kathryn: Just get it.
Shawn: Here let me draw them out for you.
Kathryn: Haha, yea. That's how a businessman does it. He's closin' the deal now.
(Time, more pressure, and money passes.)
Melanie: Ok let's do this bitch.

None of this is verbatim, but it's close enough. And now Mel has a gorgeous tattoo on her lovely back.

No comments: