Tuesday, June 28, 2005

VH1 is has taken a down turn

I know, I know. I have for the past 3 years been the ultimate VH1 watching proponent. But this summer, due to my lack of school or work (if anyone out there needs a personal assistant I am so good at that kinda stuff; please just save me from working for my family again), I have been a very close observer of its recent programming. And I must admit, my favorite channel is losing its entertaining touch. I have three real, justified complaints.

Qualm 1) Strip search. It's a show about some guys who want to get into the American version of the famed Vegas Thunder Down Under (that's the big buff Australian man stripper show). The guys in this are kinda creepy. They have that overly buff thing going on. That really only works for The Rock. And even then The Rock doesn't pluck his eyebrows so they look nicer than mine or do fake and bake. I'm sorry but metroish gym-aholics aren't my cup o' tea. Midwestern middle aged women like 'em enough when they visit Sin City, so it just goes to show that everyone is beautiful to someone.

The biggest complaint that I have about the show is the fact that these guys bitch about everything. "I don't want to be on camera." "Don't compete so much with me." "I don't like this dance." (These are exaggerations of things I remember when I tried to watch an entire episode; I failed by the way). I mean I know that's what I'm doing about the show here. But this is my blog dammit. Def. Blog: A place on the internet you can write anything you want. Most commonly used for complaints. But TV is supposed to be entertaining. All the time, dammit. Especially when I'm bored.

Dumb Show 2) Kept. Now, I haven't actually watched an episode of this show in its entirety. I tend to mistake this show for the above mentioned program. They basically have the same cast of characters. I have seen commercials for it though. So basically the Chippendale looking guys dress up like jackasses and do weird shit to get Jerry Hall (some rock star's ex-wife; ok she was Mick Jagger's ex-partner, the legality of their marriage is in question) to want to keep one of them as her gold-diggin' "boy-toy" (that's the word they used in the show's website).

The premise of the show is what puts me off the most. It's like auditioning to be someone's arm charm. This used to be done in the somewhat decent venue of a posh retirement home or the gaming floors of casinos. And then just like the stripper boys, these dudes complain a whole bunch, and they can't dance. The stripper guys (although I didn't stay tuned long enough to find out) are supposed to be able to dance at least.

Complaint 3) These seem to be the only two shows this channel ever plays anymore! I could forgive VH1 this transgression if only they appeased my humor craving with some reruns of the best week ever or some show about why Brit and K-Fed are a poor hick-man's Cameron and Justin. I have resorted to actually job-searching and working out. I'm being productive VH1. What have you made me done.

Just kidding, I'm still a lazy bag o' bones. I just wrote all this didn't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Strip Search is quality programming! Its like watching a bunch of guys act like Junior High girls... it was even funnier the sixth time around