RA FO EVA
So last night was super fun. After the Pacquiao fight (he won by the way. PILIPINO! that's my cultural woo hoo for the year), Mike, Francine, Jen, More of Fran's friends, and I went OUT! Fran wanted to hit up some Russian Mafia sounding bar in West Hollywood, but the line was too long. So she told Mikey and I to drive on down to Cahuenga and go into Citizen Smith.I don't know what it is about this part of Hollywood that loves me, but I always find bombay parking. Dude was leaving his spot on Ivar, a skip past Selma. Sweet! While Franny and her crew were stuck on Sunset coming from the Westside, Mike and I cracked open a couple of beers and talked about career plans. It seems to be the topic of choice nowadays. I know it sounds mundane but I love these talks. Talking about the future is exciting to me now that I've started the whole grad app proccess. Things just seem so within reach.
After finishing off the beers, we headed down to the bar. Before we stepped in the door, the night was great. Instead of carding us, the bouncer at Citizen gave Mike the advice of getting me extremely drunk and went on and on about how attractive a couple we were. Mike felt great because he passed for straight. I felt great because someone called me pretty. I'm going to start wearing dresses more often.
I've never been to Citizen Smith before but it's basically a smaller, straighter version of The Abbey. So needless to say, Mike and I felt right at home. Do you ever have those nights where the stars just line up and everything just feels wonderful? That's how things were at this point. People getting out of our way to the bar, bartenders serving us first, girls in the bathroom jocking on my dress (I really am going to start wearing dresses more often), everything's just lovely except for the prices of the drinks. A bit pricy so I took Mike on down to Beauty Bar, the gayest bar on the street.
Beauty Bar is set up like a salon and it's pink, also when we walked in they were playing Kyle Minogue, can't really get more gay than that. This is when it all got raucous. We were drinking Washington Apples, a tasty concoction that I always drink too fast. So while we were at the bar ordering me up another one, stripe shirt guy knocks into Mikey spilling his drink all over Crazy Angry Bitch. Girl won't let it go because "His drink just got all over my $300 jacket." I wanted to tell Crazy Angry Bitch, "No girl. Actually most of his drink is on me and we're all going to live, so let's calm the fuck down." I didn't though. Instead I said, "It wasn't my friend. It was striped shirt guy over there. But here let me get you a drink." CAB, "It's not about what I'm drinking. You need to tap that guy on the shoulder so I can talk to him." My head, "Wow if you're going to get that mad, don't bring your overpriced clothes to the bar." What I said, "OK." I stopped paying attention to CAB after that, I couldn't let her negative vibes ruin my evening.
I got more to drink and closed my tab. We headed back to Citizen, but Fran called and told us she just walked into Beauty Bar, so we rewound. Lots and lots of fun dancing ensued. I found the perfect looking boy for Franny. I thought he was some sexy Indian man, (Bombai - tagalog for Indian according to Fran), Fran found out he was Norwegian and Italian. I still prefer to call him bombai though, it's fun. We moved on to the Jack in the Box down the street once we shut down the bar. And that's where I discovered I will never stop being an RA.
While in line, I started chatting it up with a guy who was sitting across from his passed out friend. It was Passed Out Guy's birthday. So I drew on him, nothing lewd, just balloons. About 20 minutes later Passed Out Guy started to throw up on himself. Passed Out Guy's friend moved to another table and I went into RA mode. As a Resident Assistant in Hedrick Hall on UCLA's On-Campus Housing Facilities, I cleaned a lot of puke and sent more than a few kids to the ER for serious alcohol poisioning. 18 year olds don't know how to drink or how to take care of their friends who drink too much. I could tell he wasn't going to die, but he's feeling like shit right now for sure. I aimed his puke away from his own body, gave him water, and got his to sit up. Nothing's worse than being drunk and laying down. You get the spins. Passed Out Guy's friend and me exchanged numbers. I got a text later that Passed Out Guy puked in his friend's car and that if more of that happened Passed Out Guy might end up in a koi pond that night. He said he would get his friend to pay me back for taking care of him at yhe Jack in the Crack.We'll see, they were both DJs, so maybe I could get some new music.
I know this is going to sound weird, but I had a great time at Jack in the Box. Just as much fun as the bars earlier. The whole thing was pretty funny and I got to play RA again, but this time in a pretty dress.

No comments:
Post a Comment