Monday, October 22, 2007

New York so far

Oct 19, 2007

So SICK! I've gone running though Central Park. Beautiful! Managed to find, then go shopping with Glen (who is randomly in NY the same time as me!) in Greenwich Village, Chelsea, and Soho. Super fun! Read a poem at a slam poetry contest and did pretty well. WOW! So intimidating, but such a rush! (Only in another fucking city, far, far away from home would I be brave/crazy/vulnerable enough to read something personal in front of a group of strangers.) And then got drunk in a bar with my girls. How could I not? And afterwards, proceeded to entertain a car full of subway riders with inane stories with above mentioned girls. Lovely.

Somewhere in the mix, I also managed to fit in some bagels, gelato, and pizza (with a bunch of film students). Yum, the food silly not the students.

I just have to say that I'm super proud of myself because for most of the day I was actually on my own in the city and not once did I get mugged, super lost (only a little lost), or raped. And I read a poem, one of mine, in a contest. I just want to let everyone out there know that their little Erlye-girl is growing up. Don't worry, I'm still short as fuck though.

I'll be keeping all of my west coast loves up-to-date. Even though I'm having a wonderful time, you know I miss you dearly and wish you were here to be silly with me. Muwah!

P.S. I'm still a little buzzed while writing this so if it's bad, sorry.

No comments: