I like them. Who doesn't really?
Lately I've been hearing the words "crabby," "grumpy," and "moody" a bit more often than I'd like. I'm going to blame this on the my stuffy nose and lack of progress on the SSP (Stupid Statement of Purpose). Whether or not these are truly the contributing factors to my recent demeanor the world may never know, since I won't admit otherwise. And well, the above mentioned adjectives don't really motivate me to behave any better. They really just antagonize me more, thereby encouraging the urges to make a fuchi* face at you and poke your ribs really hard. So, may I suggest the use of a synonym: Querulous. I like it. It sounds like the phrase "qwerty keyboard." And hearing "qwerty keyboard" always makes me smile. Yes, yes I know querulous means the same thing as moody bitch and is still phonetically kin to quarlsome, but it just sounds nicer to me. Querulous sounds cute and now all the world's golden inside Erl's skull.
I've also become a proponent of the word Bellicose. Bellicose is an adjective meaning "warlike or hostile in manner or temperament. See synonyms at belligerent." (Thank you dictionary.com) The absolute worse thing you can do with a too drunk and angry person is to tell her that she is being belligerent and then proceed to rip the jack and coke out of her hand. Get ready for some octagon action or at the very least a shrill verbal assualt on your character, appearance, and family. Instead try giggling (or heartily chuckling if that's more your thing) and saying, "Bellicose my sister, bellicose. It's time for some water and some walking." Now, proceed to feed me water and walk me to the nearest fast food joint. I mean, the the bellicose person that you are dealing with.
Once again, the synonym sounds much nicer than the more commonly used word. Bellicose has the word bell in it. Bells are nice, well except schools bells and bells that are attached to alarm clocks. Ok bad use of association. Let's think Belle. Now the drunkard/lush just thinks you're calling them pretty. Isn't that nice. Maybe now I'll listen to you.
*fuchi: the word Luke and I use to describe something unfortunate looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Best part of this...u said FUCHI...the word I use to describe certain people's faces...and yes, they ARE unfortunate looking!
Post a Comment