So if the three people who actually read this blog haven't noticed yet, I've been posting much more in recent weeks. This is due to the fact that I actually have something of great importance to procrastinate for. That's how first came into the world of blogging. Anti-productivity In One of Its Many Forms was born out of the need to avoid doing real school work. I spent so many study hours reading Angie's blog, why not write one of my own? That would at least double the amount of time I spent procrastinating on that week's latest reading assignment or paper. It was miraculous. So much more fun found in not doing the reading. And this was back when people used to comment on my blog. It was a super special time in my life and all for want of being a more dutiful student.
But, I found that when I finally turned in that last paper for that last class, Professor Terri Anderson's Sociology of the Family (awesome course by the way), I no longer had as much incentive to blog anymore. Blogging was the diversion, but with nothing to divert my attention from, what reason was there to write? I got a few complaints. Actually, Lauren is the only person I can distinctly remember telling me to continue blogging. So I got one complaint. (Speaks volumes about my readership doesn't it?) But now with the upcoming deadlines for grad apps and the still unwritten Personal Statement, blogging has been on the rise for me.
It's gotten to the point where I'm even started writing about my feelings, bleh. If you go ahead and go through the archives of www.anti-productivity.blogspot.com, my feelings were not a topic of discussion. But then again back then I had tons of things to comment on. The latest dumb thing a freshman did, all the things Mikey said last night, "study sessions" in the ORL conference room, Jason's latest foray into being a better Catholic (by means of a Catholic boyfriend hee hee, he doesn't read this so I can say things like that), so on and so forth. You know, all the things that we did while we had time for each other, in college.
But back to the point, to all my reader (sic), you can thank NYU, UCLA, OSU, UM College Park, and even the evil people at USC for getting me to blog again. I have to write a Personal Statement and prove to at least one of the admissions committees at these schools that I'm a worthwhile candidate that ought to be offered a spot. In this statement I have to be original, intelligent, qualified, competent, warm, likable, beautiful, unforgettable, a good cook, snazzy dresser, great at life and whatever else they freaking want me to be so that they let me into their schools.
I've yet to write the first sentence of the statements. I'm thinking of starting with:
SHABLAM!!! I'm freaking off the chiz-ain. Let me in.
And then bedazzling it with small rhinestones from Claire's. Yeah? Good idea, bad idea? Oh man this is gonna suck balls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment