So I know I haven't been posting at all anymore it seems. I don't know if anyone has really even noticed, but I'm just going to pretend that all the readers out there really have been starving for this blog. Here it goes. Excuse me if the writing is rusty.
Funny recent observation #1:
No one wants to work. Now that many of my college friends are "out there in the real world" which equals "back into our parents house" we've all realized how much we all really don't want to work. I for one will not stop talking about how much I loathe my job, want to quit, and am either a) going back to school or b) going work for a school. A certain notorious friend of mine up and quit two jobs in less than half a year. Sorry to put your business out in the street like that certain notorious friend, but your situation is helping me prove a point. Other beloved people in my life aren't working and they aren't exactly doing the 100 meter dash toward the working world either. Point being work blows and we all need free money.
Funny recent observation #2:
Morbid/offensive things are funny. So I visited the Bay with Rajima this past weekend to drop off Vero and her stuff off in Newark as well as spend some quality time with my Life Partner Kaytee. While we were up there the four of us managed to make light of the following topics: sexual assault, wife beating, abortion, and eating disorders. And that was only while we were at lunch at Joe's Crab Shack (Where they have crabs, do you?). I mean none of us actually likes any of these things or wishes them for ourselves or others. But statements in regards to these topics said with the right intonation and some carefully chosen diction can bring about some pretty hardy laughs. If you don't get these types of joke your sense of humor isn't good and you won't be granted admittance into the Love Sac O' Cremated Ashes.
Funny recent observation #3:
These are more like realizations than observation. Yeah I just realized that neither of the previous two "observations" are true observations. To observe is more like to note a phenomenon. I'm just over here discovering the obvious like "work sucks balls" and "it's funny that we're all just going to die anyways." This error in my word usage leads me to my final point:
Funny recent realization #4:
The longer you are out of college the dumber you become. I don't think this is absolutely true of everyone but I don't really like the fact that last night I couldn't add the change I was holding in my hand. I was at the 99 cents store trying to buy cups. I really just couldn't get my mind to add the quarters, dimes, and pennies in my hand. It was all very frustrating. Oh and someone who I've just recently met keeps on using the word "their" to mean "there" in emails. I hate it, I think this person is dumb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oh Erl, how I love thee.
I just wanted to say that, as one of your faithful readers, I appreciate all your procrastination and wasted time that you have devoted to blogging. I am neither witty nor observant enough to write as you do. And I do not come to as many fascinating realizations.
So just so you know, you do have readers out there who may not let you know it as often as we should, but we love you and your blog very much!
Post a Comment