So update on my life for all those I haven't told. I was offered my first out of college job by the office I was interning over this past summer. I work for an entertainment publicist, so I'm all up in the Hollywood Biz. Anyways, I was all super excited because I thought, "Yay I won't be a bum!" Yeah well this job quickly turned into something ugly. It's like when you are at a restaurant and the waiter brings you your food and it looks all delicioso, you take your first taste and BLAH it tastes gross. OR it's like when you're walking, enjoying yourself, the scenery is beautiful, then SPLAT you fall and it hurts, physically and emotionally because a whole bevy of people have just seen you bite the floor. Basically what I am saying is that this job was disappointing. I mean when I'm not being yelled or feeling super stress over things that in the grand scheme of things are utterly meaningless, I find that I am working in a job that is boring and holds little reward or value for me. I mean I'm not doing meaningful work and I don't even get medical. I thought it would be great and it wasn't. I think I remember someone once saying, "Oh life, it's just a series of disappointments."
Well Life, I'm sticking it to you. I'm revolting against growing older and I'm quitting my job. Haha I'm taking a page out of HOW TO LEAVE YOUR JOB QUICKLY by Mr. Luke David Johnson and I gave my 5 DAYS NOTICE last Monday. Yeah so today, Friday, is my last day. Woo Hoo. Although it's still not at efficient as the email that states, "Yesterday was my last day of work." For everyone that knows him, yes Luke is rubbing off on me in a bad way. This past month has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I have found that there are more important things in life than working at a job i loathe (expept for my co-workers, I'll be sorry to leave them. They're funny as hell and cool too.) For instance my family. Shit is going down yo. I don't feel inclined to disclose all that jazz over the blog but I'm sure if we talk regularly enough I've told you the drama. Another thing that's more important that having a job: my happiness. I don't like to go into work hoping I won't get yelled because my boss is in a bad mood. And yes, this may be a reflection of the entertainment industry more than working life but it's a part of my current working life and I feel emence ANTIPATHY toward it. (That's a gre word for your asses.) Happiness > just working. This little inequality brings me to my final reason for leaving my job. I am happiest in education. Yup i'm going to be applying to grad schools this winter and I plan to enroll next fall. I want to go into a Master's in Higher Ed and Student Affairs program. I'm really looking forward to it actually. I might even have to change the name of the blog, because I will not be anti-productive. Really, I swear. Maybe just the weekends. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment