So when I had to take my first year residents down to Convocation, one of the university heads told them that they were the most highly qualified class to ever be let into UCLA. They say this every damn year though. Competition always gets tougher since more people apply to universities and colleges all over the country, and even more so here at UCLA. So yeah whatever, they're smarter than me on paper.
But how about this: THEY CAN'T OPEN DOORS. And I'm not talking the metaphorical "getting ahead in the world" kinda doors. Literal, wood and metal doors. A resident stopped by the other day asking how to get into the study rooms in our hall. He said his key card (we don't use real keys in our building, our room keys look like the cards that hotels use) wouldn't work. Now, I assumed that he tried to open the door just using the handle. I called the front desk to ask for the key. A friend of mine answered and procceeded to laugh at me. "Did he try turning the door knob?" At this point I started to laugh even harder because two seconds later another young student came by and asked how exactly to get into those darned study rooms. I walked them down and demonstrated the art of door opening. "The handle must be turned downward. Then you must push." I don't have much common sense, but I have more than "the most highly qualified class to ever be let into UCLA."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are smart Erl. I always knew that.
Post a Comment