So for the past weekend or so I've been singing the chorus to the song Tell Me Something Good as performed by Rufus and Chaka Kahn. It goes "Tell me something good (tell me, tell me, tell me)/ Tell me that you love me/ Tell me something good (tell me, tell me, tell me)/ Tell me that you like it, yeah." It was playing in someone's room while we were hanging out and then I heard it in the VH1 commercial for the next Divas concert. It's a good song, with a really funky sound. So what else am I supposed to do but sing it at people obnoxiously? It's just funner that way. Yes Mike, FUNNER.
In my head whenever I hear that particular set of words, they're always to that music. When I put it on my away message last night, I fully expected others to hear the same thing, because the world works like that. I expected "ooh that's a good song" kind of messages or no messages at all. Usually, no one replies to song lyrics. Nope, not really. The messages received while that away message was up were all professions of love. Looking at the away message again, it appears a bit needy. And subconsciously, I probably am. So go ahead and tell me something good... (I'm singing loudly in my room now while playing air synthesizer)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment