So about 30 seconds ago I received a phone call from a man called "Steven" with a heavy Indian accent telling me about the features of Chase Identity Theft Protection. Steven was a real person on the other end of that phone call and I hung up on him. It's not like I have anything against Steven personally or that I don't want my identity protected, but still I replaced the phone on the receiver and walked away. And that was rude and now I feel guilty.
It's not like I am the most well mannered person out there. You all know that I enjoy burping and making fun of you in the most lewd way possible. But the guy was just trying to do his job and he was so polite about the whole thing. There's something about being unkind to people that I don't know personally that actually makes me feel like a really bad person. I know we've all heard the saying "You hurt the ones you love" and that makes sense. It's easy to take loved ones for granted, because they love us. We think that no matter what we do they'll always love us. But why isn't there some kind of saying that speaks to why it's so damn hard to be rude to people we don't know; something like "You'll always feel a bad for being mean to poor Steven on the phone when he was trying to offer you identity protection service."
Moral of the Blog: Don't answer the house phone. Your friends and family all know the best way to reach you is your cell phone anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment