So today I voted. It was the first time I have ever voted... away from UCLA. Just this morning I was wondering if I had managed to get the voter registration card in before the 15 day deadline to be eligible to vote over at the polling place by my house. And to my happy surprise I found out that I am capable of turning something in to the government on time. I want to emphasize happy because two happy things happened while I voted.
First, I met the cutest old people. I don't know why but the elderly poll workers are just too sweet. The polling place was in an actual home as opposed to the ginormous study lounge of a residence hall. At the polling sign in area (i.e. the front door) I checked in with Greta (there's a good possibility it could actually be her name) and she was the person who let me know I was all registered and ready to vote (woo hoo). I then had to pass through the kitchen to get to the actual voting place (a.k.a. the garage). In the kitchen was this cute old man using a juicer. I'm not sure what it is about Old Mr. Walker (I don't know if that's what he actually goes by) making a carrot/pineapple/banana combo (I'm not sure about this one either, prunes maybe?) and wishing me "Happy Voting" that makes my day but it just does.
Second, I saw a cute, cute boy voting in the garage. Now I've never been one to just go up to an attractive man and strike up a conversation unless A) I was totally hammered and/or B) he is totally gay. Besides this was not the situation to take that step in my development towards being a competent relationship seeking adult. The dude was voting. You have to stand in front of that polling box and keep to yourself. It's not the most conducive mixer type of setting and besides there were geriatrics using the Juice-O-Matic to make their energy, stay alive drinks in the kitchen behind me. So I admired from a distance, from my little polling table cube. Tall, dirty blond hair, light eyes, and still in his sleepy clothes, he was everything I could have asked for this fine Tuesday morning, someone about my age and not fugly. But like I said, didn't get to talk to him. At least now I know that he lives somewhere around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment