Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Senior signoff

So it's a tradition in ORL that as a graduating senior RA on your very last night of duty you do a "senior signoff" on your radio that the whole hill can hear. I said mine, but in true Erl style, I fucked up. I even wrote down what I wanted to say and I fucked it up. Here's what I wanted to say:

Hedrick Duty South. I 'll be signing off my radio for tonight and forever. Thanks to Hedrick staff for a great 3 years. You can reach me via landline, call me if you need me. Goodnight.

What I ended up saying went like this:

Hedrick Duty South. I'll be signing off my radio for tonight and forever. Thanks to Hedrick staff for a great 3 years. You can reach me via landline, call me if you need any. Goodnight.

Haha. So I basically told anyone who was listening, if they wanted to get some they could come by my room. Oops. Freudian slip. I got a "Congratulations" from OCH dispatch anyway. It didn't seem like they caught that I was inadvertently trying to hit on them. But Lizzy did. She said if I was gonna ask for some on the radio that I should have given my room number. The Rieber RAs signed off right after me. Neither of them are graduating, but they decided to do special sign offs anyway. Talking about "I'll be signing off my radio for the year..." whatever, I've been in ORL for three years. We all got mad. We being Sherrie, Lizzy, and me. SO, we called Veronica and told her that she had to define what a real senior signoff was when she did her's over the radio. It went like this:

I'll be doing my SENIOR SIGNOFF, which means... I'll be signing off my radio for tonight and FOR-E-VER... Thanks to my Hedrick family for the past 3 years. If you need me you can reach me via landline. Have a goodnight.

When I heard Vero sounding like Smalls from the movie The Sandlot I busted a gut. FOR-E-VER. Well here's to being a senior and moving on. Cheers.


Moral of the Blog: Don't do a senior signoff if you're not a senior. Because I will get uppity just about anything.

No comments: