Monday, April 17, 2006

ORL can kiss my flat ass part deux

Ok so Vero, Lizzy, and I presented tonight for the case study competition. I know I was complaining before about how I didn't want to and how I hated the fact that we had to do all of the preparation outside of meetings.

BUT, we really did work hard on it and came up with a damn good presentation. As Rajima would say we actually provided really good information for the rest of the ORL employees. For example: Don't out that a resident on your floor is infected with HIV. It is not your place. Even if you keep the resident anonymous. The definition of CONFIDENTIALITY is to keep the persons and the facts about a situation private. You only tell any of the facts to the people who need to know. A supervisor doesn't even have the right to know a person on your floor has HIV. The RD only needs to know that you are counseling some residents on your floor and that you or not at liberty to tell more.

Anyways, we lost. And I'm not going to lie. We had the best content and presentation. Our "movie" sucked, but our presentation was wonderful. We covered all aspects of intentional programming. Diverse boards that spoke to all kinds of issues dealing with sex fun and serious, that also honored Arthur Ashe, a hero of the fight against HIV/AIDS. An all-hall active program that was general enough to not alienate the infected resident but still disseminated accurate information. AND Lizzy put on a condom suit as an example of a type of publicity during the presentation. She would walk around in a fucking CONDOM suit to tell residents about this shit. Yeah, our powerpoint didn't have sound but at least the audience was paying attention to the information in our slides and not laughing at it and missing all the info.

Quote of the night: "I have a new found disrespect for ORL. Because really some of those presentations were insulting." Thank you Jeff.

Moral of the blog: Don't ask me to work hard and care if you are going to make me feel like shit.

No comments: