Monday, April 21, 2008

It's been a long time...

...shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to. Ok I had to get that out. Aaliyah and Timbaland made a tight ass song that shall never be forgotten, at least not by me. And to the point, it really has been a rather long time since I last posted.

Don't get me wrong loyal readers, if there are any of you still out there, it's not like I haven't been wasting loads and loads of my time. I am still as anti-productive as ever. The internet is a vast and alluring scape that oft detracts my focus from this blog though. The sites that should be blamed for my recent distraction are victoria's secrect (or as I like to call it, the DEVIL), ebay, and amazon. Online shopping is bad and addictive, like drugs. This might explain why I like it so much. But like drugs there are consequences. There is the fun consequence: the high (owning new things that you don't need = euphoria, I found this one in a math book so don't question me). And then there are the not so fun, drug-relatedesque consequences, i.e. less money (a.k.a. the "come down." Symptoms include chills, shakes, and the realization that you're one new biofit bra away from dipping into your savings account) and not having the experience you were hoping for. It's this last phenomenon that I will expand on now.

My last few purchases have been let downs. I got stuff from VS and it's all too big. I would never have that problem in the store. I can give that knocker enhancer a once over and know that it's for me or not without going into the dressing room. But the store is located in that crowded ass mall and I hate people. My computer is in my room, away from the pushy blonds carrying small dogs in huge bags and the dirty, spoiled, discipline lacking (and sometimes rather ugly looking) children. Plus pointing and clicking is sooo damn easy. I know I've become lazy. Shopping, a once welcomed relief from school and work, has become work in itself for me. Solutions I've come up with are as follows. Solution 1) Stop spending my money. I am about to be a student again. Solution 2) Suck it up, return the ill-fitting clothing to the online vendors, and start real world shopping again.

I've gotten as far as two. I'm still lazy, you ought not expect much. Maybe if I could get girlfriends to frivolously waste money with me it would be fun again. That's what I miss the most: Frivolous activity with women of great, great substance.

Solution 3) Screw shopping, meet up with the girls, and take up drinking again.

No comments: