Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Lizzy watches porn at work

As many of you know, Lizzy is now attending Boston University to obtain her Masters in Public/International Health. If I've got this wrong Lizzy feel free to not correct me because I probably won't go back and fix this post. Anyways as with most graduate studies programs, one must also take on an internship or assistantship that works enhance the curriculum. Lizzy works at the Health and Wellness Library.

One of her responsibilities is to develop educational programming that includes the use of different films that they library keeps on its shelves. Today her boss told her to create a program around porn. Yes folks, the Health and Wellness Library at BU has porn. We had some in the UCLA stacks but you had to go through a professor to get at it and why go through all that trouble when you have free internet in the dorms?

Seriously Lizzy, I'm jealous of your job. And you're totally right, we've already made a program that's centered around erotic film, so you don't have to come up with a new one. For those of you weren't there, it was supposed to be a night when all the Hedrick RAs got together in the TV room in the lobby (oh yeah big screen) to watch that one Snoop Dogg porno all the while having some popsicles. "Porn and Popsicle Night," we are really creative. Thomas the CSO got us the porn. By the way, "CSO" stands for Community Service Officer and what better way to service your community? But who was it that bought all the popsicles? I think I still owe money on that one. Too bad Rebecca was smarter than us and figured the whole thing out. Love you Rebecca-la, but Amanda's room was a bit crowded.

I digress. Lizzy's job is better than mine. I would do that for free. I do, actually. Well, minus the educational programming but I could totally teach someone a thing or two from one of these movies. Or better yet, I could take a progressive teaching approach where students contributed to the curriculum so that knowledge would be passed up as well as down. It's all in the name of health education.

No comments: