So when I say I'm kicking it with my family, I'm not just making up excuses to get away from your annoying ass. My parents, siblings, cousins, aunties and uncles, and all the other people that I'm not sure how I'm related to are funny as hell. We all eat up a storm (whatchu know about some lechon, pansit, and lumpia), sing the bejeezes outta some karaoke, drink like the world's bout to run out of beer, and basically get down for an all night party for any damn reason. And this brings me to the wonderful weekend I got to spend with the cousins from the Bay.
This past weekend the LA/Bay cousins got together once more, this time for Kyle's 5th birthday party. That's cousin Wilmer's kid for all that don't know. It was held in the freaking lovely suburb of Benicia, in cousin Wilmer's FAT worthy of being on MTV cribs house (go engineers!). There was the heated pool, a bounce house, a snow cone machine, a hot dog machine, and lots and lots of small children, which is always entertaining. Alex wore his Spiderman costume during the party and several of the guests thought he was a little person hired to be entertainment. During the party all the cousins had to be "el servicio" porque Wilmer aka "El Jefe" was ordering us around like crazy. Not really, but a little. He did have Blandon cutting meat for an hour with a small pair of scissors. But we were compensated nicely with lots of food and beer and a place to stay for the weekend. El Jefe even let the el servicio play a loud game of Spoons until 4 in the morning after the party was cleaned up. We skipped the Remy Martin and went with beer instead. Henry still ended up seriously gone, but at least this time Margie, his new fiancee, was just as loaded. Cousin Frankie bailed on me, but his sister, said that his girlfriend was taking nude pictures of him that night. And really, who am I to try and reign in love? Pete put his mind to the game and almost never lost, but towards the end of the night he felt left out so he started taking Cuervo shots on his own. Michelle wasn't preggers this time and got down with me making fun of Cecil's new boyfriend (his name is Ariel, just use your imagination, we did). Liza, El Jefe's esposa, let loose and was climbing all over the table because instead of penalty beer shots she decided she'd do wine instead. It was really a great weekend and I miss them already. All I can say is that I can't wait for Henry's wedding in Hawaii, because he says he wants each of the guests' tables equiped a deck of cards and rules for Spoons.

No comments:
Post a Comment