Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Gwen's New CD

So you may have heard all of Gwen Stefani's new cd, Sweet Escape, but I just bought it yesterday. So it's more than a month after the release and I'm now ready to give my expert critique. Like it a lot. My favorite songs are "Now that you've got it," "Yummy," and "Sweet Escape" in that order. My favorite lyric off the whole cd is "I'm feeling yummy head to toe" as evidenced by quote that's by my default myspace picture.

While listening to the album at the gym this morning I couldn't help but sing along. I wasn't too loud. At least I think. I'm pretty sure it was only the guy on the treadmill next to me or that one girl on the other leg press machine that heard me. If more people heard, well good for them. I may not sound like Gwen Stefani, but I sing with such feeling. Ooh and one more thing. I finally got an ipod of my own. The last ipod I used was a hand me down from my sister which met it's unfortunate end a couple of years ago in Arizona when a small flood occured in my purse caused by a faulty water bottle (I swear I screwed that cap on tight).

Anyways, I love this ipod. It was actually my sister that bought it for me as a belated Christmas present. It's a little black nano. Kaytee warns me however, "be careful those nanos are tricky bastards. you'll lose them and 3 days later you'll find it in your back pocket, never knew it was there." I'm gonna get one of those arm band thingys that all the gym bunnies wear so I can be cool like them and not lose my nano in my back pocket. I can just imagine now all the injuries I'll be sure to cause myself trying to sing and run (or press or squat or lift or extend) at the same time. Ah well, t'is the price I must to pay to ensure that weird men don't come up and start talking to me while I'm trying to freakin' exercise.

Moral of the Blog: Beware of men who smile at you at the gym, especially if they're not cute.

No comments: