Backstory: A little before the summer started my good friend Mike turned 21. So what did we do? We had a big ass party, where I got really loaded and lost my camera. My cute, credit card sized camera. I was very angry and sad about that for a while. Just ask Mike and Rajima about my belligerent little reaction. Anyways, the summer has continued on, proceeding to its sad sad end. It was in thinking of my camera last night at my nephew's surprise birthday party (I wanted to catch the look on his face when we yelled "Surpirse!") that I realized how many good, good memories I have made in this past season of the sun.
I promise this won't be my back to school paper "What I did this summer." It'll just be a some highlights and a few bloopers. It's not in any order at all. I'm just trying to remember what I did this summer.
1) Kayaking with "the Apartment" minus Robert, plus the big ass "kickback" that ensued. Want to know why I had to where a towel home? Because Jason is a menace with some marina water. Only Tristan got away, with his silly style of rowing.
2) Watching 40 year old Virgin with the CKS crew. I will never live down Melanie's comment: "So did it hurt when they waxed your chest?" You know I cry on the inside sometimes Mel.
3) Eating at Sushi Mac 5 days in a row with Luke. I still stand by the misbelief that 5 plates of cheap sushi is healthy for you.
4) Going to the Santa Monica Strip ("gaytown" as Mike, Luke, and I now refer to it) too too much. I got a stipper's REAL number. And here are some unforgettable comments from excursions to We Ho: "He's like a Goddess." -Melanie "I'll go into a gay porno shop. I kinda wanna see those butt beads." -Fran "Why are you wearing pants?" -Mike "I want a hot dog. No, really just a hot dog with mustard." -Luke
5) Tequila Thursday. There's a blog that goes into all that mess. And based solely on the fact that we haven't had a Tequila Thursday since, I'm going to assert that everyone is still recovering, mentally. I know all of us have kept up the drinking. Haha.
6) Going to Jamaica with my family. I got a bad ass tan and a mini beer belly that is currently being upgraded.
7) Seeing Wicked at the Pantages. The new Glinda is a ghetto ass crazy white woman. I love her. (After the show Blooper/ Attemped Murder, but totally in self-defence: Darius trying to run over a would-be attacker and then backing into a fence.)
8) Seeing Coldplay with Veronica, Stephen, Mike and Jason. It was Coldplay, so it was good but it would have been better if we could see the stage and not be near some assholes who talked too much.
9) Talking Melanie into getting her tattoo. Woo Hoo.
10) Going to SD with Christina and Candice to see Kim. Outlet shopping got me my new favorite bathing suit.
11) Turning 21! Thank you so so much to Rajima. Someone hire that woman as an event planner. She makes shit happen.
12) Overloading Art's car at 12am, driving to differnt parking spots in Hancock Park, while drinking Sangria straight from the jug. Oh what a night. And Dayna (whose been M.I.A. for the past 5 years) was there too!
13) Seeing Maryrose all of 3 hours before she flew back to New York. And if you read this Marynose (that spelling is not a mistake either) remember to stay longer the next time you visit. And thanks for the hot wings and fries.
14) Spending time at Target with Luke and Jason. It was the one in West Hollywood, enough said.
15) Going on a job search with Melaine. We spent more time wandering around the bulding and running away from street rats than we did at the job interview. Oh that's right we walked out of the waiting room after 15 minutes.
What a summer not to have a camera. But it's ok. It lives in my head and some of it is in my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment