KIIS FM is completely stupid. OK maybe not all of KIIS is stupid. Someone over there, probably Clear Channel its owner, is very very wealthy because of it. And tonight while driving home I was lured into listening to that damned "top 40" spinning , teeny bopper catering, commercial dominating radio station. They were playing ("Let Me Hold You" and I really like that song.) Anyways, after the song ended some radio personality, I couldn't tell you who, was at some event that Ozomatli was preforming at. Ozo is one of the best live preforming bands ever. But like many very very good live bands (The Roots, Kasabian, Phoenix) they aren't mainstream.
What pissed me off was that this guy started talking about how Ozo could be the next Blackeyed Peas. I'm not hating on the Peas. It's just that Ozo has been around for a long time already. No they've never broken into the TRL countdown but they have a sound that's really down and show that's amazing. When they played at Long Beach State some years ago they started a fight with the security because they didn't want to leave the stage and end the show. I know that the guy was trying to pay a compliment, but he failed horribly. It's not the same as when people were saying that Kobe was gonna be the next Jordan. Jordan is legendary. The Peas aren't. The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment