Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Exciting Things

So over the weekend and today several things happened that made me very happy. The first was that I didn't have to go into work! For the past month or so I've had to go out to West Covina and cover shifts either Saturday or Sunday. It was nice to have my weekend back. Woo Hoo!

Ok on to even more exciting things! On Saturday in lieu of work I took a pole dance workshop. Next to Legends MMA, where I go to get beat up and bruised at least 4 times a week, is a little boutique fitness center called Spun. Its name alludes to it's primary fitness offering, spin classes. The next biggest draw for Spun is its array of exotic and awesome pole classes. Marlo, Michelle, CoCo, and I are all taking the class together. We crawled all sexy across the floor, pranced (which is a seductive version of doing a bicycle situp), and even learned how to hop up on the pole and spin around. I must say we are going to be some hot ass cousins who can work the pole in about 6 weeks time.

Next exciting thing. I helped Ed make muffins on Sunday and they didn't burn. The ones I stirred and poured actually turned out better than his. Even though he was the one to set the oven and take them out, the fact that I had a hand in the baking process at all should have damned these poor little carb goodies to extreme carbon hell. But they didn't burn. I know this probably isn't very exciting for you, but it is for me, so it goes in the blog.

Exciting thing Number Three: the Chargers beat the Colts. Now, I might seem like a band wagon jumper and I must admit I am, but I really want the Chargers to take the 'ship. It all started because I really don't like the Raiders, because Raiders fans are annoying. The Chargers are closer to LA anyways. Plus I watched a whole bunch of Chargers games with Lauren and they're so exciting to watch it's hard not to like them. On a another football note: I really don't want the Patriots to win at the Superbowl. I don't like Tom Brady because he's a skeezy baby-mama-leaver and I don't want the Patriots to have a perfect regular and post season. Just call me Erl "the Hater" Ballo.

Just after the Chargers game last Sunday my sister calls and tells me that we get to go wedding dress/bridesmaids' dresses shopping for her this coming weekend. Woo Hoo! I know I'll look ridiculous all bruised up in bridesmaids dresses but come on this is really exciting. This will be the first wedding that I'll play a big role in: Maid of Honor. Me in a dress with some flowers. This is going to be funny.

The the last but seriously most exciting this ever in my week so far: I choked out someone at the gym! We were sparring this morning in MMA class. I got paired up with the actor from that movie Can't Hardly Wait, Ethan Embry. He's just starting out so I had a little bit of an adavantage in that regard. But he is about a foot taller than me and I'm guessing about 30 pounds heavier than me, so I was severly disadvantaged there. We started out boxing it out. His reach is a lot longer than mine so I had to work the inside. Once I was there I went for the take down. It all goes fast from here, but basically I got him in a guillotine choke and fell back. I fell back so fast though I couldn't put him in my guard (wrap my legs around his torso) so his legs went straight up in the air. The choke was still strong enough to get him to tap out. It was the first time I've been able to submit someone while sparring. God it felt good.

No comments: