Saturday, November 17, 2007

My new favorite sport

So my cousin and I recently joined Legends MMA Gym in Hollywood. We've been taking Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts classes and have been looooving it. Today we got to wrestle and try different take downs and submissions on each other. While I gave Michelle a pretty good fight, I basically got my ass beat. She had me pinned and tapping out in 30 seconds. To get to the point: I LOVE MMA. Tonight after working out (and eating Original Thai BBQ) we watched UFC Validation and it was pretty sick. I don't know if I could actually fight in a cage match but I so want to sit ring side one day.

I am not a fighter by nature. I'm a runner-away kinda girl. I know I was voted "Most Likely To Be Involved In a Parking Lot Fight" back durning my Hedrick days, but I have to be honest, if confronted in a parking lot I would rather run someone over than fight them. Or throw a bottle at them from a distance. (I know, dirty.) Things have changed a bit though. I still don't want to make fights with anyone, I always perfer to make friends, but I do like to pretend fight. Only problem is that even with a pretend fight I still get bruised up pretty bad. We weren't punching, but there was a lot of hard grabbing and pushing each other with our feet. So now my arms have taken on that domestic abuse look often featured on that show COPS and my back is sore. I also have a whole bunch of these small finger print bruises on my midsection and thighs from where Michelle was holding me down. It all looks really gross. Ooh and I forgot to mention that courtesy my Muay Thai class, my shins look like they belong to lepers.

Long story short: I love this and I don't care how grossy my body looks I'm gonna keep going.

No comments: