Friday, March 30, 2007

We're just fun like that

So yesterday was the first time in a long time I had seen both Rajima and Melanie. I decided not to go to work (this is something that I learned from Luke) and instead opted to spend the day in Westwood. I met up with Rajima for lunch during which we discussed several important topics.

We covered the rise in suburban drug use:

Rajima: What are those parties called where they just throw a bunch of pills into the middle of the table and you just pick one?

Erl: Fun? ... Wait, that really happens?

Rajima: Yeah it's what those rich kids do. They get mommy's vicodin or their little brother's ritalin and then someone's bad boyfriend brings acid or x and they just toss them all together. PHARM PARTIES! That's what their called.

Safe sex:

Rajima: Now why is it important to always use a condom?

Erl: Because I don't know where that fucker's been before me.

Rajima: And?

Erl: And because I don't want to get pregnant.

Rajima: Exactly. Do you think she would have gotten accidentally knocked up if he had used a condom?

Erl: No, no she wouldn't.

Real friendship:

Rajima: I love that when we get together we dive right into the good stuff. None of the awkward "so the weather's been really weird huh?" stuff.

After the good talking and filling Thai lunch we headed across the street to the Borders where we looked through photo books of boys, naked boys, naked girls, punk bands, and new yorkers. We entertained the idea of going to see the movie 300, which is excellent by the way, but couldn't find a theater so we just ended up back at Rajima's room. After a couple more hours of chillin' and listening to music, Miss Melanie called and asked to be fed.

I haven't seen Mel in a bit over a month so it was wonderful that she came down to UCLA. I love this girl because we have one of those friendships that doesn't skip a beat. For example, upon seeing Melanie walking down De Neve Dr. in a piece of cloth that just barely covered the bottom of her poo-chi-chi (i.e. vagina):

Erl: Ooh, you wore a short skirt for us tonight!

Mel: No girl, this is my long skirt.

Erl:Really, that's the skirt you go to church in?

Rajima: Yeah, that's her Christian skirt.

So the three of us and Mel's Christian skirt went into Westwood and proceeded to shine our brilliant lights into the lives of others. We ran into former front desker/newly turned 21 year-old friend Ben Cox. He was spiffily dressed to celebrate his initiation into legal intoxicity, but to our horrified surprise he was already heading home. It was only 8 fucking 45. His excuse was something like, "I'm taking the MCAT in 14 days and I've already had one drink." "No Bitch, this is not how we roll and we could not allow someone to to pussy out like that on their 21st birthday." Okay maybe that's not exactly what we said back but we convinced him to let us buy him a shot. His only condition was that he could only let us get him one drink.

BUT we are smart girls, who know about getting people fuck up on drinks. Rajima suggested that we get him a Stoplight. It's one drink, in three strong parts.

Mel: What's it made of, Erlynne?

Erl: Red, Yellow, and Green.

Mel: I wanna know what I'm drinking. I'm pretty sure the green is midori. Hey Mr. Bartender what's this made of?

Bartender: Red, Yellow, and Green.

Just so he wouldn't feel too singled out Mel, Rajima, and I took Stoplights with Birthday Boy Ben and all concurred that the the Yellow was some strong shit. After that Ben got a little looser and even threw down the free shot the cute bartender gave him. "I only want one drink", HA! One drink my small ass!

At this point the three leading ladies in this story still hadn't eaten and the drinks hit us quickly. We were all giggles when we left Maloney's and somehow we had decided that it would be a good idea to go out with Ben to West Hollywood after we had dinner. So we all exchanged numbers and then Melanie proceeded to push the tallest and skinniest of Ben's friends, a cutie named Zach, into the street where he was nearly hit by a car. Melanie said in her own defense, "Oh my God. He would get blown away by the wind." It actually did kinda look like he was being blown by a strong gust when he was flailing backwards into the crosswalk.

Dinner was another pleasant meal. We drank wine and ate vegetarian. CPK put us in a corner but that still didn't stop us from being loud as din of thieves. To be honest I can't remember all of what we talked of, some of it was heavy, a lot of it was telling Melanie to pick a major she'll actually enjoy, and the rest is lost forever to a cloudy memory. And the final chapter: West Hollywood. We hit up the Abbey, because it's free and the drinks are bangin'. Manjo Mojitos ruled the night, we got set up in the VIP area, and I made a couple of new Swiss friends. We migrated to Micky's where Ben danced up a storm and Melanie took off her rabbit jacket. It's entertaining to me that I spent my evening with one woman who wears rabbit and another who doesn't eat any meat. Back to the point. We so made Ben's birthday. He was going to go back to his apartment to clean and study. My friends and I are shiny, we bring brilliant light into the lives of others.

Moral of the blog: Make sure your birthday wish is to run into me and my girls on the sidewalk.

No comments: