Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Devil is a LIAR

This past Friday I got to attend the 35th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Brotherhood Breakfast. Going into it I had no idea what to expect. It turned out to be great. Really inspiring speakers and delicious food. The funniest part of that early morning however came before the event's commencement. It was held at the Omni Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Anyone who has ever tried to park in downtown knows that it is a treacherously expensive endeavor. So you would empathize with the delight of the passengers of our car when we saw parking at Joe's parking lot (one of the many) for just $6, and it was just across the street.

It wasn't that we pulled in and the attendant asked for $16 that we realized that Mr. Joe Parking-Monopoly man is a mis-advertising scoundrel. The sign has a big ol' "$6", with a teeny tiny "on weekends and after 6pm" printed next to it. So how exactly did Stephen Rice, respectably distinguished Resident Director of some buildings or other in the De Neve area, react? By shouting from the back seat of the little Jeep Wrangler at the parking attendant that "THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!" about 4 or 5 times in a very Madea (from the Tyler Perry plays) sort of way. So actually it sounded more like "THE DEVIL IS A LIE-YA!" Well you know that this particular quickly left that lot and found another one that was a bit cheaper. Oh man, I gotta love the wonderful people that I work with.

Moral of the bolg: Don't be dishonest with me. I am very liable to shout at your face that the "THE DEVIL IS A LIE-YA!"

No comments: