Drinking alone, so is this inspiration or intoxication?
All I wanted from you was a "yes"
I really should have asked for a kiss
Or some other action, a gesture
A true sign or symbol of affection
I write on this wine stained page of a regret
A regret that I find to be a theme
A theme that runs so strongly in my experiences
In my dreams with their subtle nuances
A pattern that I can't break
I wanted a "yes"
I should have wanted more than such a simple syllable
But then I asked: are you reliable?
The response, that word tells me nothing
Actions, it's only actions that develop character
Actions show a person can bear
To give me
More than a word of affirmation
I wanted behavioral confirmation
More than an appeasement of a request
I want a kiss
An action
Some gesture
Would have told me more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OOO I want a wine stained page as inspiration ... I guess i'll have to drink some wine!!!
*muah* thanks for our talk the other night.
I think you should perform your poem! or send it to the person! either way it might be fun. :)
Post a Comment